"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Chicken Taco Salads

What you will need: lettuce, I can of black beans, taco seasoning, cheese, tortillas, 2 chicken breasts, ranch dressing and green onions

(this recipe makes enough for 2 nights worth of dinners. So 2 daddy size, 2 mommy size and 2 kid size salads)


I LOVE my little crock pot. Here is the difference in size between my large and my small.

(My husband bought me the small one a couple of years ago at walmart for less the $10 and it works great for cooking small amounts of meat!!!)




Now for the chicken: Add 1 cup of water to 1 pkg of taco seasoning in the crock pot. Mix together.

Now we like our meat a little stronger so I actually add 2 pkg of seasoning. 1 cup of water is all you need for 2 breasts of chicken. You don't want the meat to be runny.




Cover and Cook on HIGH for about 3 hours.




Once it's cooked, take the chicken out and shred it with forks.






Then place the chicken back in the crock pot on LOW until you are ready to serve it for dinner. This marinades the chicken and gives it even a better taste, so I let it sit in there for several hours.






For the tortilla chips on top: I cut 4 whole tortillas into squares and with a little butter I crisped them up in a pan. I like these much better then bagged tortilla chips....these are much healthier!!

Add salt and pepper and garlic salt for flavor.







Build your salads, add ranch and top with green onions!!

Even my 2 year old ate a whole salad her self!!

YUM!!












2 comments:

Rowberry Family said...

MMM...Looks Delish!

Anonymous said...

I love ANYTHING Mexican! I have to laugh - I have two serving trays with that Corelle green flower pattern!

It's nice to see I am not alone!

I made taco bowls last night, while they turned out good to hold the shape, I used low carb tortillas so they didn't crisp up.

Have a great Friday!